Featured Blog: FCCLA PSA – Speak Up and Spread the Word
FCCLA PSA – Speak Up and Spread the Word
By Josh Bowar, Featured Writer
What’s an easy way to spread the word about career pathways? How can you let others know about FCCLA? Check out the new FCCLA public service announcement (PSA)!
FCCLA filmed a PSA in order to show the benefits of career and technical student organizations (CTSOs) and how they provide personal growth, leadership development, and career preparation opportunities for students in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) education. FCCLA is speaking up for career pathways and the Unlimited Possibilities our organization offers to develop important 21st century skills.
We all know that FCCLA does a great job of preparing today’s teens for tomorrow’s workforce. Now it’s time that others know about it, too!
The PSA features individuals who have gained skills from FCCLA and shows how they are currently using those skills in their day-to-day lives. You may even recognize some people featured!
What 21st century skills are developed and strengthened through FCCLA?
- Global Awareness: Learn from and work with individuals who represent diverse cultures, religions, and lifestyles
- Financial, Economic, Business, and Entrepreneurial Literacy: Know how to make good economic choices
- Civic Literacy: Participate in civic life to stay informed and exercise your rights
- Health Literacy: Understand health information and services to enhance your life and make good choices
- Environmental Literacy: Care for the environment and make accurate conclusions about solutions to environmental concerns
- Creativity and Innovation: Think creatively, work creatively with others, and implement innovations
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Reason effectively, think about systems, make judgments and decisions, and solve problems
- Communication and Collaboration: Communicate clearly and collaborate with others
- Information Literacy: Access, evaluate, use, and manage information
- Media Literacy: Analyze media and create media products
- Information, Communications, and Technology Literacy: Apply technology effectively
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Adapt to change and be flexible
- Initiative and Self-Direction: Manage goals and time, work independently, and be a self-directed learner
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills: Interact effectively with others and work effectively in diverse teams
- Productivity and Accountability: Manage projects and produce results
- Leadership and Responsibility: Guide and lead others and be responsible to others
You can view the PSA here:
Now we need your help. Please promote the FCCLA PSA on chapter websites, promotional materials, and social media. When we work together, we can really spread the word about the Unlimited Possibilities available through FCCLA!
Josh Bowar, Featured Writer