INSIDE: Making a Difference Every Day
Making a Difference Every Day
By Kayla Gullickson, VP of Community Service
As the holiday season comes to a close, it doesn’t mean that the time to give back has ended. Giving back and helping others is something important to do all year because need knows no season.
Giving back can show itself through various activities. There are hundreds of opportunities for each of us to make a difference each day.
Here are some projects or ideas to help give back to your community:
- Set up a drive to collect food/personal care items/clothes/diapers/books
- Volunteer at a community event
- Have a pet parade for the elderly
- Become a mentor or big brother/sister for younger kid in your school district
- Have a blanket drive, get a group together and make tie blankets
- Host a healthy baby month, create a package for new babies born in town
- Recognize veterans in your community
- Make treats for police and fire personnel
- Volunteer to do social media for a local nonprofit
Now that you have some ideas, get a group together and go out and give back to your community!
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” Muhammad Ali
Kayla Gullickson, VP of Community Service