Inside: Membership for the 2016-2017 School Year
Membership for the 2016-2017 School Year
By Uriel Martinez, VP of Membership
It is that time of year to recruit members, install your newly elected chapter officers, and plan the year ahead. As we launch into this year with Unlimited Possibilities, plan to give each member the opportunity to experience all the possibilities that FCCLA has to offer. My goal is to increase our membership numbers in all 47 states, including the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. TOGETHER we can achieve this, but I need your help.
Here are some tips on how to gain new members and start a year filled with Unlimited Possibilities:
- Use all promotional materials sent from National Headquarters at your school-wide events.
- Set up a bulletin board outside your classroom showcasing pictures from a past conference or event.
- Plan a monthly social event for members to stay connected and motivated.
- Ask a regional, state, or national officer to attend one of your first meetings to introduce members to FCCLA and to help other members gain experience from a student’s perspective.
- Give free food to all students who attend your first meeting (who doesn’t love food?).
- Finally, use the national membership campaign, Go for the Red, and STEP One to introduce new members to FCCLA and to show how it can benefit them.
These are just a few tips because there are a million ways to recruit, retain, and recognize members. Stay connected with the 2016-2017 NEC for more information and tips throughout the year.
Have fun as the season of recruiting members begins!
Uriel Martinez, VP of Membership