INSIDE: Top 5 Things to Look Forward to at NLC
Top 5 Things to Look Forward to at NLC
By Josh Sorbe, National President
- General Sessions – Using our theme “Empower”, the general sessions will inspire YOU to inspire others (including the over 8,000 other people attending!). Powerful keynote speakers, engaging and energizing workshops, and presentations on many aspects of FCCLA guarantee a dynamic program sure to get you interested. Be sure to attend the Opening, Business, and Closing Sessions.
- National Competitive Events Competition– You have the opportunity to compete in the biggest arena FCCLA offers: the national STAR Event competitions. The final rounds of the FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl will also be conducted, with the championship match on stage during the Business General Session. By taking part in Competitive Events, you get a chance to show off your skills and receive national recognition at the same time.
- Run4Red 5K – Join your fellow FCCLA exercise enthusiasts as you Run4Red! Whether you’re into running the trails or just love breaking a sweat along the oceanfront, San Diego is the perfect place for running and fitness enthusiasts. The course will take you along the boardwalk. This year’s Run4Red 5K fun run and walk will take place on Wednesday, July 6, from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM. Registration is $40, and proceeds will go to the Unite in Red campaign.
- Networking – Meet and network with over 8,000 attendees as you come together for this leadership opportunity. Participation in Leadership Academy, attendance at workshops, and simply talking with someone in the hotel lobby helps you make friendships that could last a lifetime.
- SAN DIEGO! – Of course, traveling with friends is always fun! Enjoy downtown San Diego by doing tours, visiting SeaWorld, unleashing your “wild side” at the San Diego Zoo, and catching a game at PetCo Park. San Diego is a beautiful city, and there’s lots for you to explore!
Josh Sorbe, National President