INSIDE: ‘Tis the Season!
‘Tis the Season!
Nathon Taylor, National Vice-President of Membership
The time has come, FCCLA members! It’s the season of recruiting.
With so many wonderful holidays just around the corner, this is an exciting time of year. (I love it.) The aroma of a just-cooked turkey and mashed potatoes is one of my favorite things, but recruiting new FCCLA members is even better! National Cluster Meetings are right around the corner, making now a perfect time to encourage your peers to join FCCLA, The Ultimate Leadership Experience.
Here are a few tips on how to increase membership in your state/chapters:
- FCCLA has a brand new membership campaign: Go For the Red. Be sure to use your membership kit that National FCCLA provided to all chapter advisers to advertise your FCCLA chapter to your whole school.
- Hold an FCCLA ice cream social. Everyone LOVES ice cream! Invite existing and potential members to come together and enjoy everyone’s favorite dessert. Better yet, let a member bring a friend who hasn’t joined and give them an extra scoop (and make sure to hand them an application on their way out). 🙂
- Host an FCCLA family dinner. With the holiday season here, one of the greatest ways to recruit is to bring everyone together. Hosting a dinner will bring existing members closer and help recruit new members.
- Have a gift exchange. Celebrating the holidays is all about the spirit of giving. Wrap gifts and exchange them between members, which is a great way for members to connect and laugh. Discuss ways you are going to spread the cheer to others to promote FCCLA.
- Last, have an FCCLA-hosted dance. Invite your whole school to participate in a night out with friends at a winter formal, Sadie Hawkins, or other fall and winter dances.
- Create and post posters about the advantages of being an FCCLA member like scholarship opportunities, contests with cash awards, travel opportunities, leadership skills, and service opportunities.
I hope that you all have a great time recruiting new members within your FCCLA chapter. Be sure to tag @nationalFCCLA in your social media posts so we can see all the amazing ways you’re recruiting members.
I can’t wait to see what you accomplish over the course of this year and see our membership numbers grow as a result of your efforts!
– Nathon Taylor, National Vice-President of Membership