Hotel and Travel Information
2022 Chapter Adviser Summit official hotel:
Horton Grand Hotel
311 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Rate: $159 per room per night plus a mandatory daily destination charge of $18 plus applicable taxes*
*Current tax rate = 12.695%, subject to change.
FCCLA contracts with hotels in cities where the nationally sponsored conferences are held. Room rates and cost of meeting space are based on an anticipated room pick-up. It is important that FCCLA attendees stay within the official meeting/conference hotel block when attending the meeting/conference.
All those attending the Chapter Adviser Summit must register to attend the entire conference and stay within the official meeting/conference hotel block for the length of the conference. In any extenuating circumstance, a written waiver may be submitted via the State Adviser to National Staff for consideration.
All attendees occupying a guest room must be listed when making reservations online. National Headquarters verifies hotel housing lists, and attendees not staying within the official meeting/conference hotel block will be assessed a $125 fee per registration.
It is important that you make your hotel reservations before booking travel arrangements.
Conference rates will be honored over the official meeting dates (January 13-15, 2022). A limited number of rooms are available before and after the conference dates. Rates and availability may vary based on extended arrivals/departures.
- After your 2022 Chapter Adviser Summit registration is submitted, you will automatically receive a confirmation with instructions and link to make hotel reservations.
- Only registered meeting attendees are eligible to take advantage of the FCCLA negotiated conference room rates within the FCCLA housing block dates.
- Hotel reservations must be made on the official 2022 Chapter Adviser Housing Reservation Site.
- Reservations made by third party booking sites (Orbitz, Kayak, etc.) or directly with the hotel either online or by phone will not be included in the FCCLA hotel block. FCCLA cannot accept responsibility for reservations booked improperly.
- All reservations must be secured by a credit card. The credit card on file will only be charged if the hotel does not receive full payment (by check or credit card) at least 14 business days prior to your arrival.
- Checks for housing payments should not be mailed to FCCLA Headquarters or included with your registration.
- Checks sent for final payment should be made payable to and mailed directly to your confirmed hotel and must be received at least 14 business days prior to arrival.
- If paying your final balance at the hotel with a credit card not in your possession, the hotel may require you to complete a credit card authorization form prior to arrival.
It is important that you make your hotel reservations before booking travel arrangements. Travel times noted are approximate and may vary significantly depending on local traffic during commuter rush hours.
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
3225 N Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Once you arrive at the airport, you will need to make arrangements for ground transportation to the hotel. Plan ahead by reviewing the options below for transportation between the airport and the hotel. The airport is approximately 5 miles from the hotel.
- Lyft: Cost estimate is $28-32 one-way
- Uber: Cost estimate is $20-25 one-way
- Taxi: Cost estimate is $18 one-way. Follow signs to the Transportation Plazas.
- City Bus: City Bus Public transit is available to and from the airport and downtown San Diego on the Metropolitan Transit System’s Route 992. The bus stops at Terminals 1 and 2 and operates between 5:00 AM and 11:30 PM, every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays. Plan your trip using the MTS Online Trip Planner. Fare is approximately $6.00 one way.
- Trolley: The trolley can be accessed via the City Bus Route 992 or by taking the Rental Car Shuttle. Notify driver to drop you off at the north end of the airport which is one block from the Middletown Station. Proceed by crossing Pacific Highway and walking one block northeast on W. Palm Street to the station on the left. You will be on the Sycuan Green Line and can take it to the 12th & Imperial stop closest to the hotel.
Horton Grand Hotel Parking
- Valet Parking is currently available at $48 per day
- Self-Parking is currently available at $15 per day
National FCCLA considers the health and safety of all who attend the 2022 Chapter Adviser Summit including our attendees, staff, partners, and on-site vendors/service providers as our top priority. We are committed to facilitating optimal health and safety conditions throughout our event.
All attendees will be required to complete a COVID Safety Agreement and Waiver Form and provide it upon arrival at the conference.
Please read the 2022 Chapter Adviser Summit Safety and Health Preparedness Plan to ensure all attendees on-site remain safe, healthy, and comfortable throughout the event. We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and are in constant contact with the Hilton Bayfront hotel team and local authorities. This plan is a living document and we will continue to make adjustments if the local protocols change.