Virtual National Leadership Conference
Due to the evolving health crisis, FCCLA’s National Board of Directors has made the decision to change the 2020 National Leadership Conference (NLC) from an in-person conference to a virtual format. This year, FCCLA’s NLC will be held virtually July 7-9, 2020 with all information and resources to remain accessible for all registered attendees on the virtual platform through the end of August. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to make the first-ever virtual NLC a part of “Your Story” and kick-off FCCLA’s 75th anniversary by experiencing keynote speakers, taking part in breakout sessions, exploring a virtual EXPO, participating in online networking events, and more! Registration is $30 for the virtual conference and $25 for Competitive Events. Be sure to register soon and engage in FCCLA’s Virtual NLC and Competitive Events.
Register for NLC
- 2020 Virtual National Leadership Conference: $30
- Optional additional purchase 2020 NLC T-Shirt: $20
- 2020 Virtual STAR Events: $25 per person
Note: STAR Event competitors must register for the virtual conference and for the STAR Event the state adviser has qualified them for. Once a state adviser qualifies their competitors for National STAR Events, the qualified event will be visible as item that can be added to the student’s registration.
Information Needed for Registration
Individual Email Addresses
- Every participant is required to have their own email address that they will have access to during the summer months provided at the time of registration. Duplicate email addresses are not permitted.
- We advise using an alternate email address other than a school email so that the attendees have access to the platform through August. Providing a Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or any other trusted email service provider will help ensure participants receive all NLC related communications
- Email addresses will be used to receive individualized login instructions and an individualized registration code to access the NLC virtual conference.
- Providing correct and accessible emails for each registrant is the only way that all registered attendees do not miss out on important NLC communications and updates. The email provided should be accessible from the time of registration through August 1, 2020.
- Payment by credit card is required at the time of registration. The credit card provided will be charged for all registration fees on the invoice when the registration is submitted. Individual registrants can be put on their own invoice or multiple registrants can be combined on one invoice. The credit card does not have to be used for all invoices.
- As an option, after credit card payment has been received you may send a school check to cover the costs of the chapter registrations. Once the check has been received at National Headquarters a refund will be issued to the credit charged for the registration fees the same day the school check is received at National FCCLA. Please note, the credit may not show up on the credit card statement for up to ten business days, depending on the payors credit processor.
Home Address or Alternate School Mailing Address
- STAR Events competitors will only receive their medal if they have provided their home address or alternate school mailing address when registering for the conference. Regrettably, National FCCLA cannot hold medals until schools reopen.
How to Register
We recommend that chapter advisers register their students for the conference. Chapter and state advisers who are registering themselves, students, and non-member guests including FCS teachers interested in becoming an FCCLA adviser should use the Adviser Registration link below.
If you have been notified that the chapter or state adviser is unable to register your child for the conference and you would like to register them and/or yourself, use the Parent/Member Registration link below.
If you are an A&A member, business and industry partner, spouse, and/or guest and would like to attend the FCCLA Virtual National Leadership Conference, use the Guest Registration link below.
VIRTUAL STAR EVENTS Evaluators
If you are a non-adviser evaluator who is volunteering to assist STAR Events by serving as an evaluator, use the STAR Events Evaluator Registration link below.
Once you submit your registration, an email confirmation will be sent to the primary email address on file. This confirmation will include instructions on accessing the virtual NLC conference. If you do not receive this email confirmation within 48 hours of registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual STAR Event participants will receive a separate email with instructions and competition requirements.
I'm registered for virtual NLC. What can I expect next?
Once you have registered for 2020 Virtual NLC, you are all set! You will be receiving exciting communication updates from us leading up to the event. It is important that you review these communications to stay up-to-date with everything that will be happening during and throughout the conference.
You will receive instructions to test the device you will be using to view the conference. We want to make sure you don’t miss out on any session! Be sure to follow the instructions you will receive to test your device prior to the conference. 2020 Virtual NLC can be viewed on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. Be sure to have a stable internet connection for ease of access in the NLC virtual environment.
We will have a virtual help desk to assist you with any issues on connecting to any sessions throughout the virtual conference. We aim to make this virtual conference as seamless and easy as possible.
If you have any questions, please call 703-476-4900 or email email@example.com.
Virtual NLC Student Engagement Workbook
In order to make the most of the FCCLA 2020 Virtual National Leadership Conference experience and help provide tangible value to your students’ attendance, as well as for those students who are unable to attend, use the Virtual NLC Student Engagement Workbook. This resource can help set goals and clearly define objectives so you can parallel your chapter’s investment in the conference with all the ways you and your students will benefit.
Virtual NLC Attendance Justification Letter
This customizable letter is an easy way to seek support for Virtual NLC attendance! Use it to reach out to administrators, CTE directors, business and industry partners, and others to help your chapter gain financial assistance.
Virtual NLC Fashion Show
NLC is going virtual, and so is FCCLA’s annual Fashion Show! Members, if you have a design you have constructed and would like to be considered for the Fashion Show during the Recognition Session, apply today. Interested participants should complete the application, film a video of your creation, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details and filming criteria can be found in the application. Applications are due June 12.
We cannot wait to see FCCLA’s talented young fashion designers!
Virtual EXPO Opportunities
The virtual EXPO will create a unique experience of feeling “virtually there” by incorporating advanced gamification and simulation technology. As visitors move virtually through the EXPO and experience the entirety of an exhibiting company’s virtual booth, talk live with company representatives, view and download content, watch webinars and videos, and share their contact information. Visitors to the virtual EXPO can add content to their “virtual backpack” where it can be saved, downloaded, and viewed at any time during the event. Exhibitors will be able to spend quality time with interested FCCLA members, advisers, and supporters and through the platform’s robust analytics, follow up with visitors directly. We believe the virtual EXPO will provide exhibitors with a new way to reach and engage attendees and will open the door for conference attendees to see everything they want, spend quality time at each exhibit, and expand the number of attendees that can affordably “attend” and experience the EXPO.
The virtual EXPO will not replace future live exhibitions, but rather provide an opportunity for exhibitors to share resources and opportunities during this unprecedented time. We know that many companies are currently facing difficult and uncertain times. Which is why participation in the virtual EXPO is FEE FREE to all companies that meet the registration criteria!
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 15
Future National Leadership Conferences
- June 27 - July 1, 2021 • Nashville, TN
- June 29 - July 3, 2022 • San Diego, CA
- July 2-6, 2023 • Denver, CO
- June 29 - July 3, 2024 • Seattle, WA
- July 6-10, 2025 • Nashville, TN