The FCCLA Career Connection program guides youth to link their options and skills for success in families, careers, and communities. Through individual, cooperative, and competitive activities, members - discover their strengths, target career goals, and initiate a plan for achieving the lifestyle they desire.
Career Connection Units:
Career Connection guides students to develop, plan, carry out, and evaluate projects. The projects improve the quality of life in six (6) units. Students focus activities on different aspects of career development. Students can choose a unit, then plan and carry out related projects that strengthen their awareness of skills needed for careers.
- PLUG IN to Careers - Understand work and the Career Connection Program
- SIGN ON to the Career Connection - Link personal interests, skills, and goals to career clusters
- PROGRAM Career Steps - Prepare with education, leadership, and work experience
- LINK UP to Jobs - Learn to find and land a job
- ACCESS SKILLS for Career Success- Practice being productive on the job and promotable
- INTEGRATE Work and Life - Manage interconnected roles in families, careers, and communities.
Click Here to integrate FCCLA into your classroom by downloading lesson plans and activities!
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters that complete the Career Connection projects. This honor includes cash awards and special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and in Teen Times magazine. Chapters apply online for recognition for their hard work and innovative projects with the National Career Connection Program Award application.
- High School Award - $1,000
- Middle School Award - $1,000
- Runner-Up Award - $500
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online to FCCLA national headquarters by March 1.The online award system will automatically close March 1, 5:00 p.m. EST.
To apply for the Career Connection Program Award please follow the steps below:
- Log on to the FCCLA affiliation system by going here: https://affiliation.registermychapter.com/fccla#
- Once logged in, select the "Program Awards" tab
- Select the Career Connection Award section
- Select "Apply Now" for either Middle or High School
- Please be sure to select the correct application
- Fill out all of the required fields* as specified on the application then hit "Submit"
- Please note: Once you submit your application you cannot make any changes. Double check all of your answers before submitting.
- If you are not finished with the application yet, hit "Save" and you can come back and finish your application at another time
- If you no longer wish to complete the application, hit "Delete"
- You are required to upload 3 photos to a photo sharing website and provide us with the link to the photos on the application. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
- You will have the option to provide up to 10 supporting files, such as promotional pieces (e.g. flyers, print ads, PSAs, 90 seconds of video, etc.) and public relations materials (newspaper articles, TV interview video, etc.) that help tell the story of your project to Dropbox and provide the link to the files on the application. Instructions on how to use Dropbox can be found here.
- Be sure to read the Program Awards Application Terms & Conditions before starting your application.
*This application will automatically stop you once you have reached the word limit for that answer and the application also has a spell check feature. You cannot copy and paste into the application.
Congratulations 2016 Career Connection Award Winners!!High School Winner
Kittatas Jr/Sr High School, Washington
Project Title: "Empowering Connections for Future Careers" Middle School Winner
Montgomery County Middle School FCCLA, Missouri
Project Title: "The Future is Yours...What Will You Be?" Runner-Up Winner
Spring Lake Park High School, Minnesota
Project Title: "Getting in Gear for Family Careers"