Try these 3 Ways to Recruit Members:
- Sponsor a "bring a buddy" campaign. Have each member bring at least one friend to a chapter or district/regional meeting and then encourage that person to join.
- Challenge each member to ask three other people to join. It never hurts to ask! Explain to students the Go For the Red membership campaign as an incentive.
- Volunteer to help with new student orientation programs, including FCCLA as a potential activity for students.
Try these 3 Ways to Retain Members:
- Hold a fundraiser late in the year and use profits to reduce the cost of dues the following year.
- Organize a fun event with another local FCCLA chapter. This event could be a leadership workshop, a community service project, an event featuring various career pathways, and more.
- Ask local businesses to give special discounts to members who show their FCCLA membership card.
Try these 3 Ways to Recognize Members:
- Design a "member of the week" program. Highlight the member's interests, hobbies, dreams, and accomplishments during the week.
- Create a bulletin board right outside your classroom. Post the successes of your chapter.
- Design a chapter newsletter that can be sent to all chapter members, their parents, school administrators and board members, and community members.
Membership TeamCaitlin Garrity
(703) 476-4900 Ext 318 Anna MacDonald
Finance & Membership Assistant
(703) 476-4900 Ext 310
Membership Questions firstname.lastname@example.org