Safe Rides - Save Lives
Empowered by FACTS and sponsored by The National Road Safety Foundation (NRSF), FCCLA is proud to offer the Safe Rides - Save Lives PSA Contest! This initiative is an excellent opportunity for FCCLA members to display their creativity and advocacy as they encourage their peers to make safe choices on the road.
- First Place: One (1) first-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $3,500 cash prize, and the opportunity to work with an award-winning production team to create their student-developed PSA into a professional PSA. FCCLA and NRSF will use the winning submission in national PSA outreach opportunities.
- Second Place: One (1) second-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- Third Place: One (1) third-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $500 cash prize.
Entries must be submitted by March 1, 2024, at 11:59 PM ET.
2023-2024 Contest Information
- Mission: Create a video PSA that is exactly 25 seconds
- Audience: Teen Drivers and Passengers
- Topic: The theme for the 2023-2024 PSA contest is Passenger Self Advocacy.
- Why: The goal involves passengers actively speaking up about any unsafe driving behaviors and emphasizes the responsibility of passengers to actively contribute to creating a safe environment during transportation, thereby reducing the risk of crashes and promoting overall traffic safety.
- How: Go to www.nrsf.org and use resources from the National Road Safety Foundation to craft the video’s message. Be sure to review the official contest rules below before filming.
When: Video submissions are due March 1, 2024.
2023-2024 PSA Contest Submission Form
Adviser Lesson Plans for Easy Classroom Integration
Make classroom integration easy with ten free lesson plans available for advisers on the FCCLA Portal. To access, log in to the FCCLA Portal, click on the “Resources” tab, followed by the “Lesson Plans” button, and then download the item titled “NRSF Traffic Safety Lesson Plan Series.”
Check out the 2022-2023 winners and their PSA videos below.
First Place - Layla Owens, AR
Watch Layla's winning submission below:
As the 2022-2023 Safe Rides, Save Lives PSA Contest Winner, Layla had the incredible opportunity to collaborate with an award-winning video professional to transform their student-developed PSA into a professional PSA that will be utilized in future traffic safety outreach opportunities.
Watch Layla's professionally developed PSA below:
Finally, as part of Layla's grand prize, she had the opportunity to be interviewed by Teen Kids News. In its 20th year on the air, this Emmy award-winning, weekly half-hour program is seen across the country on more than 160 TV stations. Layla's professional PSA made its national debut on episode #2048 of Teen Kids News.
Watch Layla's Teen Kids News interview below:
Second Place - Brea Clark, AZ
Watch Brea's winning submission below:
Third Place - Jackson Heights High School, KS
Watch Jackson Heights High School's winning submission below:
Thank you to our generous contest sponsor: