Competitive Events promote FCCLA’s mission to focus on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader. Each event is designed to help members develop specific lifetime skills in character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation. The belief that everyone can be successful is the foundation of these events and participation in FCCLA’s Competitive Events will better prepare students for life after high school.
Competitive Events categories (when used) are based on grade level and not on type of FCCLA membership. If a member of a team, the student will compete at the highest level of the teams’ members. Some events will still have FCS course requirements or other eligibility criteria. The Competitive Event levels are:
- Level 1 - Members through grade 8
- Level 2 - Members in grades 9 and 10
- Level 3 - Members in grades 11 and 12
- Level 4 - Postsecondary members
Competitive Events Advisory Team
FCCLA's Competitive Events continue to improve, innovate, and grow thanks to the many suggestions from advisers, members, and state associations. Members of the Competitive Events Advisory Team (CEAT) provide guidance to the Competitive Events program. The application deadline to nominate CEAT team members has closed for this year. The 2021-2022 CEAT Nomination form will be posted in September.
- Troy Anderson (Maryland - State Adviser)
- Kris Brockhoft (South Dakota - State Adviser)
- Kim Graves (Virginia - Board of Directors)
- Austyn Johnson (Washington - Chapter Member)
- Denae Key (Virginia - Chapter Member)
- Nikki Sue Larkin (Utah - State Adviser)
- Suzanne Martin (Nebraska - Chapter Adviser)
- Hannah Owens (South Dakota - Vice President of Competitive Events)