Go For The Red
Go For the Red and share your positive FCCLA experience with your friends! Go For the Red, FCCLA’s annual membership campaign, provides incentives for members and chapters working to increase membership. Go For the Red empowers students to recruit, retain, and recognize members. Get started with a few of these great ideas!
- Sponsor a "bring a buddy" campaign. Have each member bring at least one friend to a chapter or district/regional meeting and then encourage that person to join FCCLA.
- Challenge each member to ask three other people to join. It never hurts to ask! Explain to students the Go For the Red membership campaign as an incentive.
- Volunteer to help with new student orientation programs, including FCCLA as a potential activity for students.
- Host a booth or table at school events such as Back-to-School Night or Open House to showcase what FCCLA is all about and encourage new members to join.
- Organize a school-wide scavenger hunt or other interactive game that highlights FCCLA and encourages students to learn more about the organization.
- Create promotional materials such as flyers, posters, or videos that showcase the benefits of being an FCCLA member and share them on social media or in school announcements.
- Reach out to local middle schools and host a presentation about FCCLA to encourage incoming freshmen to join.
- Host a "parent night" where parents can learn more about FCCLA and how their children can benefit from membership.
- Participate in community service events or volunteer projects as a way to showcase FCCLA's commitment to service and encourage new members to get involved.
- Hold a fundraiser later in the year and use profits to reduce the cost of dues the following year.
- Organize a fun event with another local FCCLA chapter. This event could be a leadership workshop, a community service project, an event featuring various career pathways, and more.
- Ask local businesses to give special discounts to members who show their FCCLA membership card.
- Collaborate with local businesses or organizations to sponsor FCCLA events or offer incentives for new members.
- Develop a mentorship program, pairing new and experienced members to help them navigate the organization and get involved.
- Advocate for FCCLA within your school or district by speaking to school administration about using Perkins funding to support the chapter or working with local policymakers to increase funding for CTE programs.
- Host events and activities that align with members' interests and career goals, such as job shadowing opportunities, college visits, or industry tours.
- Design a "member of the week" program. Highlight the member's interests, hobbies, dreams, and accomplishments during the week.
- Create a bulletin board right outside your classroom. Post the successes of your chapter.
- Design a chapter newsletter that can be sent to all chapter members, their parents, school administrators and board members, and community members.
Go For the Red Awards
You could win an award when you Go For the Red! Awards are presented annually to individuals and chapters who have excelled in their recruitment efforts.
The 2023-2024 Go For The Red award application will open October 1, 2023.
Individuals who recruit three (3) or more members can apply for the individual award. All participants that meet the qualifications and deadline will be entered into a drawing for one of the three prize options listed below. Five (5) awardees will be randomly selected from those who qualify. All awardees will be provided with an electronic certificate of achievement.
- Air pods
- $150 Amazon gift card
- JBL Flip 6 speaker
Chapters that increase their members by 10 (bronze), 15 (silver), or 20 (gold) members from the previous year can apply for the chapter award. All participants meeting the qualifications and deadline will be entered into a raffle to win one (1) of three (3) $200 cash prizes. All chapter awardees will also be provided with an electronic certificate of achievement.
- Bronze Level - 1 entry into the raffle for the cash prize
- Silver Level - 2 entries into the raffle for the cash prize
- Gold Level - 3 entries into the raffle for the cash prize
All members who attend the National Leadership Conference (NLC) will receive a special Go For the Red ribbon.
Go For The Red Individual and Chapter applications will reopen for the 2023-2024 affiliation year on August 1, 2023.