Travel & City Information
It is important to make your hotel reservations before booking travel arrangements. Travel times and cost estimates noted are approximate and may vary significantly depending on local traffic during commuter rush hours.
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
3225 N Harbor Drive
Once you arrive at the airport, you will need to make arrangements for ground transportation to your hotel. Plan ahead by reviewing the options below for transportation between the airport and your hotel. The airport is approximately 3 miles (15 minutes) from downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Lyft: Cost estimate is $28-32 one-way
- Uber: Cost estimate is $20-25 one-way
- Taxi: Cost estimate is $18 one-way. Follow signs to the Transportation Plazas.
- City Bus: City Bus public transit is available to and from the airport and downtown San Diego on the Metropolitan Transit System’s Route 992. The bus stops at Terminals 1 and 2 and operates between 5:00 AM and 11:30 PM, every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays. Plan your trip using the MTS Online Trip Planner. Fare is approximately $2.50 one way.
- Trolley: The trolley can be accessed via the City Bus Route 992 or by taking the Rental Car Shuttle. Notify driver to drop you off at the north end of the airport which is one block from the Middletown Station. Proceed by crossing Pacific Highway and walking one block northeast on W. Palm Street to the station on the left. You will be on the Sycuan Green Line and can take it directly to the Convention Center Station, or the Seaport Village and Gaslamp Quarter Stations depending on which is closest to your hotel.
- XM Transportation: XM Transportation offers personalized service to help travelers get to and from the airport using a van shuttle service. The sprinter van holds up to 14 people. Cost estimate is $100-$129 one-way. Book your trip here.
Most hotels provide self-parking and/or valet parking on their premises. Click here to see the specific rates at each hotel and FCCLA specific discounts available.
San Diego Convention Center
The San Diego Convention Center offers a 1,950-space underground parking garage directly below the building with elevator access to the Convention Center. You can enter the garage on Harbor Drive. Parking rates range from $15 – 20 per day due to event activity and payment is due upon entry. There are no in-and-out privileges and overnight parking is not permitted.
Across the street from the Convention Center is a 2,000-space parking structure adjacent to the Hilton Bayfront hotel. Entrance to this garage is on Park Boulevard at Harbor Drive. The parking rate is $40 per day.
Metered street parking is also available in some areas. Parking meters are enforced Monday through Saturday, from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM, unless otherwise posted. Metered spots are free on Sundays and designated holidays. Meters accept nickels, dimes, quarters, and prepaid electronic debit cards.
Go to Spothero.com, enter San Diego, CA for area parking venues and prices. Ensure you will have in and out privileges or access to your vehicle at all times.
San Diego Resources
Explore San Diego’s top things to do here.
A map of budget-friendly and easy grab & go food options is available under 'Resources' or explore the many restaurants San Diego has to offer by neighborhoods here.
Visit the San Diego Visitor Information Center to get advice on advice on attractions, dining, transportation, and get maps, brochures, and useful information about San Diego.
San Diego Visitor Information Center
996-B N. Harbor Drive
visit sandiegovisit.org or call 619-737-2999