Travel & City Information
It is important to make your hotel reservations before booking travel arrangements. Travel times and cost estimates are approximate and may vary significantly depending on local traffic during commuter rush hours.
Denver International Airport (DEN)
8500 Pena Boulevard
Denver, CO 80249
Once you arrive at the airport, you will need to make arrangements for ground transportation to the hotel. Plan ahead by reviewing the options below for transportation between the airport and the hotel. The airport is approximately 25 miles from the hotel.
- Lyft - Cost estimate is $28-42 one-way
- Uber - Cost estimate is $39-45 one-way
- Taxi - Cost estimate is $65-75 flat rate to downtown (Zone A) and includes airport access fee, one-way. $5 for each additional drop-off within a zone.
- A Line Commuter Train - The A Line Commuter train, operated by Regional Transportation District (RTD), offers convenient transportation between the airport and downtown Denver. Travel time is 37 minutes from the airport to Union Station and costs $10.50 each way for adults and $3.20 for youth ages 6-19. The train runs every 15 minutes during peak travel and every 30 minutes during off-peak times. Find the station by following signs to the Transit Center and to the south exit on Level 5, exit the terminal, and take the escalator in the plaza's center down to Level 1. Purchase tickets at designated kiosks. Take the RTD Free MallRide bus from Union Station down to the 16th street mall area to be within a few blocks of your hotel. Please note: 16th street is currently being revitalized. The RTD’s Free MallRide bus will continue running, however, there will be detours onto 15th and 17th streets.
Most hotels provide self-parking and/or valet parking on their premises. See the Hotel Parking spreadsheet under Resources to see the specific rates at each hotel and FCCLA specific discounts available.
Colorado Convention Center Parking
The Colorado Convention Center provides access to a 665-space onsite covered parking garage. The garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to ALL visitors and guests attending ANY event or business downtown. If you are attending a scheduled event in our facility, DPAC, or any venue downtown, please arrive early and remember to use our quick and easy automated pay stations. Once you have parked, walk up to any pay machine, scan the QR code, or use the text prompt to purchase parking.
Current parking rates are as follows:
Park up to 8 Hours: $12.00
Park up to 12 Hours: $15.00
Park up to 18 Hours: $17.00
Park up to 24 Hours: $25.00
Downtown Denver Parking Options
- See the Parking Options near the Colorado Convention document under Resources.
- View the public parking lots and garages downtown here, as well as electric vehicle charging station locations.
- Check https://spothero.com/city/denver-parking for nearby parking lots and garages available and their rates.
Free MallRide bus is the free 16th Street mall shuttle bus to access all the restaurants, shops, theatres, galleries, and attractions up and down the mall. The shuttle travels from one end to the other seven days a week and stops on every block between Civic Center Station and Union Station. The Free MallRide runs at 4:59 AM on weekdays, 5:30 AM on Saturdays, and 6:30 AM on Sundays/holidays. Service continues throughout the day with the last complete round-trip of the night starting out at 1:19 AM from Union Station to Civic Center Station.
16th Street is currently under construction, during which time Free MallRide shuttle buses will detour off of 16th Street to operate 15th and 17th Streets. The below map outlines the current MallRide route and the temporary stop locations on 15th and 17th Streets.
Visit Denver has created a website, Visitdenver.com/fccla specifically for FCCLA attendees to explore Denver highlights, dining options, and transportation, with deals and discounts.
Explore Denver’s top things to do and restaurants here.
Whether you're a seasoned visitor or a first-time visitor, you'll need expert advice on how to make the most of your time there. Click here to explore the best Denver resources, travel tips, and facts.
High Altitude Tips
Follow these tips to stay happy and healthy.
FCCLA Deals and Discounts
- Receive a 20% discount at the Denver Selfie Museum by using this FCCLA link - FCCLA 20% Discount
- Receive a 20% discount for all Denver Local Tours using the code FCCLA20 at checkout.
- High school students will receive free admittance to the Denver Museum of Art.