Registration & Rates
The in-person version of the 2021 National Leadership Conference (NLC) is now sold out, but you still have the opportunity to soar “Beyond Measure” at NLC!
At this time, we invite you to register to attend NLC virtually on the FCCLA online platform. Offering attendees the same Ultimate Leadership Experience as the in-person conference, the NLC virtual platform includes six rooms to explore jampacked with professional development opportunities for Family and Consumer Sciences educators and leadership and career exploration sessions for youth attendees.
Depending on the available conference and lodging facilities and COVID-19 regulations, the conference capacity may increase. FCCLA continues to monitor the capacity limits and will adjust registration accordingly.
A waitlist has been created for those still wishing to attend the conference in-person. To be placed on the waitlist, interested attendees must first register for the virtual conference and select to be added to the waitlist for the in-person location. If in-person conference registration openings become available, FCCLA will contact the registrants on the waitlist in the order that registrants signed up.
Note: the registration rate is the same for in-person and virtually.
Both in-person and virtual registrations include access to the virtual platform.
- NLC Registration: $150 per person before May 27, 2021
- NLC Late Registration: $175 per person May 28, 2021 - July 2, 2021
- STAR Event Registration: $45 per person. Registration and all STAR Event project documents and URLs due April 30, 2021. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl Registration: Due April 30, 20221. Late registrations will not be accepted.
NOTE: NLC registration and competitive event fees are non-refundable.
Access to the virtual platform is available until August 2021. Once you submit your registration, you are responsible for payment.
Chapter and state advisers who are registering themselves and students, click here to log into your FCCLA portal. Go to the Meetings & Events tab to select the 2021 National Leadership Conference.
virtual STAR EVENTS AND FCCLA/LIFESMARTS KNOWLEDGE BOWL VOLUNTEERS
Non-advisers (business and industry representatives, partners, Alumni & Associates, postsecondary educators, etc.) who wish to assist virtually by serving as a STAR Events or FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl volunteer, click here. Registration using this link is only for volunteering and will not provide access to the virtual or in-person conference.
FCCLA Advisers and members should complete Competitive Event volunteer registration as part of the regular NLC registration process.
All registrants, virtually and in-person, are responsible for payment once registration is submitted. No refunds will be granted for the conference will be available virtually through August.
The in-person conference has limited availability currently set at 800. Once the maximum capacity is reached, you can continue to register for the virtual conference and select to be added to the in-person waitlist. If we are able to add additional in-person spots, we will contact the registrants on the waitlist in the order that registrants signed-up.
As a registrant you are eligible to:
- Change your registration from in-person to virtual registration within the FCCLA portal with no additional fee. You must select the Cancellation/Substitution Request button and select "Change Registration" as the type.
- Substitute attendees within the same chapter within the FCCLA Portal for no penalty until May 28, 2021. After May 28, 2021, a substitution fee of $25 will be charged. You must select the "Cancellation/Substitution Request" button and select "Substitute to Attendee" as the type.
- Pay the NLC registration fee by June 9, 2021, to avoid a late payment fee of $25.
- Registration is required to participate in all sessions, in-person or virtually.
- All students and advisers must be fully affiliated (affiliation submitted and paid) to register for the 2021 NLC.
- First priority for the in-person conference registration will be given to students and advisers. Guests will not be able to register until after April 30, 2021. In the event a chapter requires a guest to be registered prior to April 30, a chapter adviser can complete the Guest Attendee Approval Form to receive approval from National FCCLA and their state adviser.
- Guests including parents, chaperones, school administrators must be registered by an affiliated chapter or state adviser.
- You must click the "Submit Registration" button and "Confirm" which will create a non-cancelable invoice to be officially registered.
- All STAR Event and FCCLA /LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl participants must be registered, either virtually or in-person, for the conference to compete in any Competitive Event.
- To expedite registration material pick-up and ensure we can keep everyone socially distant at the in-person conference, we are asking attendees to schedule a registration appointment time. The registration confirmation email will include the link to schedule your registration material pick-up time.
- In-person attendees will be required to complete the following forms:
- Permission Form (for adviser to keep on hand)
- General Code of Conduct Form (for adviser to keep on hand)
- Safety Agreement and Waiver Form (to hand in to FCCLA registration)
- Mandatory Dress Code Form (for adviser to keep on hand)
Who Can Register for the Conference
Chapter advisers should register themselves and their students as they usually would in the FCCLA Portal for the National Leadership Conference and will indicate if they will be attending in-person or virtually. Registrants can be put on their own invoice or multiple registrants can be combined on one invoice.
- State Advisers
- Chapter Advisers
- Student Members
- Chaperones - Note: Due to limited space, chaperones who are not affiliated advisers will need to be approved by the State Adviser to attend the in-person conference.
Information Needed for Registration
During the registration process, you will need to provide the following information:
individual email addresses
- Every participant is required to have their own email address that they will have access to during the summer months provided at the time of registration. Duplicate email addresses are not permitted.
- We advise using an alternate email address other than a school email so that the attendees have access to it over the summer. Providing a Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or any other trusted email service provider will help ensure participants receive all NLC related communications.
individual mobile phone numbers
- Every in-person participant is required to include their mobile phone number that will be in use for the in-person conference. National FCCLA will use this number for daily health surveys and important health notifications and contact tracing during the conference.
emergency contact information
For in-person attendees, we need to know the person to contact in case there is an emergency situation. This information is printed on the name badge for quick access. Virtual attendees will need to complete these fields as well.
career pathway interests
- For in-person attendees, we want to know which Career Pathway sessions you may be interested in attending. You will have the opportunity to attend all Career Pathway sessions, but this will give us an idea of what the most popular sessions may be so that space can be planned accurately.
special needs accommodations
- For in-person attendees, please indicate if you will require any accommodations to attend the conference.
say yes to fcs signing ceremony
- High school seniors who have committed to becoming FCS educators by saying Yes to FCS will be honored during a General Session of the conference. A form will be sent to the qualifying students who registered so that a special ceremony can be planned. Registration deadline May 28, 2021
- Members may register to participate in the Nashville Fashion Show that will be held during a general session in Nashville. You will receive more information after registering for this exciting option. Registering does not indicate acceptance.
- National FCCLA has partnered with South Dakota University (SDSU) to offer one college credit that is graduate-level for non-degree seeking credit. You must pre-register for $110 during the NLC registration process. Those approved through FCCLA registration will be submitted to SDSU to register for the specific course at an additional cost of $40 per participant. Participants will be required to attend assigned sessions and complete the project assigned to them by the professor. This is available for both in-person and virtual attendees. Registration deadline May 28, 2021
- The fees are as follows:
- $110 at registration to FCCLA
$40 to SDSU for registration
$10 to SDSU for transcript (optional)
- $110 at registration to FCCLA
1st time attendee orientation
- Advisers who want to learn the ins and outs of the in-person conference must pre-register to attend this informative session presented by National FCCLA staff.
AAFCS Pre-Professional Assessment & Certification in Personal and Family Finance
Special Certification Opportunity for FCCLA Student Members Attending the In-Person Conference - Showcase Your Financial Literacy Knowledge and Skills!
Have you taken a class in Personal and Family Finance at your school? Have you participated in the FCCLA Financial Fitness National Program? Have you explored the "Hands on Banking" courses for youth? If you answered "YES" to any of those questions, then YOU can take advantage of a special certification opportunity at the in-person 2021 National Leadership Conference! FCCLA members who have completed 10-12 or who are current post-secondary students/members can sit for the AAFCS Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC) in Personal and Family Finance in Nashville, TN. Topic areas on the certification exam include:
- Financial Responsibility and Decision Making
- Income and Careers
- Planning and Money Management
- Credit and Debt
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Saving and Investing
Click here to learn more about the assessment specifications for the Pre-PAC in Personal and Family Finance. A qualifying score on the assessment will earn you Pre-Professional Certification in Personal and Family Finance. Add this certification to your portfolio to showcase and validate your savvy financial skills!
Students attending in-person may pre-register for this exciting opportunity for no additional fee. Special thanks to Wells Fargo for sponsoring this special certification opportunity at the 2021 FCCLA NLC!
NLC After Party
Come celebrate the end of the in-person National Leadership Conference and hang out with all the friends you met during the week. Dress casually and relax before heading home with all that you have learned. The After Party will take place after the Closing General Session on Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM. The venue, Rocketown, is within walking distance from the Omni Nashville Hotel. Pre-registration is required.
Price: $25 per person includes: music, snacks, water, and games.
April 1, 2021
- National Leadership Conference Registration Opens
April 30, 2021
- National STAR Events Registration ends
- National STAR Events Projects and URLs due
- FCCLA/LifeSmarts Knowledge Bowl Team Registration (pre-qualified teams only) ends
- State/Chapter Advisers and Student Members housing priority ends
- National Leadership Conference Special Needs/Assistance requests must be made at least 60 days prior to the conference and notification given when registering.
May 5, 2021
- Housing Cancellation Deadline to avoid cancellation fees of two nights lodging
May 28, 2021
- Housing Reservation Deadline
- National Leadership Conference Late Registration Rate begins
- Substitutions must be submitted in the FCCLA Portal to be processed at no charge
June 9, 2021
- Payment Deadline for Registration to avoid the $25 late fee
Registration Payment and Confirmation
Once you submit your registration, an email confirmation will be sent to the primary email address on file. If you do not receive this email confirmation within 48 hours, please email email@example.com. Please check your junk or spam email folders before emailing.
Virtual attendees' confirmation will include instructions on accessing the Virtual NLC conference.
In-person attendees' confirmation will include housing payment and reservation information.
Competitive Event participants will receive a separate email with additional information following the April 30, 2021 deadline.
All payments must be received by June 9, 2021 for attending the National Leadership Conference (virtually or in-person). Payments are accepted in the form of a check or credit card.
Conference registration payments should be submitted in time to be received at the National FCCLA by the published deadline. Payments received after June 9, 2021 will incur a $25.00 late fee per invoice.
Credit card payment may be made by MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover online in the FCCLA Portal under the "Invoice(s)" tab. You can also pay by phone at 703-476-4900.
Mail registration checks along with a copy of the registration invoice to the following address:
1910 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191
ATTN: 2021 NLC Registration
NOTE: Checks for housing payments should not be mailed to FCCLA Headquarters or included with your registration.
I'm Attending Virtually - What Can I Expect?
Once you have registered for 2021 NLC as a virtual attendee, you are all set! You will be receiving exciting communication updates from us leading up to the event. It is important that you review these communications to stay up-to-date with everything that will be happening during and throughout the conference. You will receive the virtual agenda describing all the sessions available virtually during the in-person conference, live sessions during the in-person conference, and recorded sessions after the in-person conference.
You will receive instructions to test the device you will be using to view the conference. We want to make sure you don't miss out on any session! Be sure to follow the instructions you receive to test your device prior to the conference. 2021 NLC can be viewed on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. Be sure to have a stable internet connection for ease of access in the NLC virtual environment.
We will have a virtual help desk to assist you with any issues on connecting to any sessions throughout the virtual conference. We aim to make this virtual conference as seamless and easy as possible.
I'm Attending In-Person - What Can I Expect?
Once you have registered for the 2021 in-person conference, you will need to secure your housing and travel arrangements. Please book your hotel reservations before making travel arrangements to ensure there is availability. See the "Travel" page for more information.
You will be receiving exciting communication updates from National FCCLA leading up to the event. It is important that you review these communications to stay up-to-date with everything that will be happening during and throughout the in-person conference. You will be receiving the agenda for all of the sessions available to you in-person to help you plan your schedule throughout the conference. Remember, you will also have access to the virtual platform during and after the conference.
This toolkit is for advisers and students and can help you gain support for your travel to the FCCLA National Leadership Conference or for your virtual conference! Use the fillable letters below to help ask for support from your administration, plus save time by using the worksheets to show everything you will gain from the experience. The worksheets are designed for student and adviser use and are a great way to organize the value of the meetings before, during, and after!