Quarter 1: Membership Recruitment
Use the recruitment resources and activities below from August to October to help increase your chapter membership numbers! As your chapter utilizes the resources, share about your activities using the submission form found below for the chance to be featured in national publications and on social media!
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
FCCLA Red Blazer Locker Tags
Show off how incredible your new and returning members are by decorating your school hallways with FCCLA red blazers.
- Click here to download the FCCLA Red Blazer cutout.
- Print and cut out one FCCLA Red Blazer for each chapter member.
- Write a chapter member’s name on each of the cutouts.
- Hang the FCCLA Red Blazers on your chapter members’ lockers for all the students in your school to see!
Here are a few more ways to personalize the locker tag:
- Add stickers indicating the years each member has been affiliated in FCCLA.
- Add medals or stickers indicating how returning members placed in competitions.
- Laminate the tag so members can take them home and save them at the end of the year.
Open House Checklist
A central part of recruitment is securing prospective members' and families' interest and support. A great way to garner their support is to show them what your chapter has already done in and out of the classroom and what plans your chapter has for the future!
Use the checklist below to host an open house and inform others about FCCLA.
1. Use the FCCLA Introductory Presentation to discuss the benefits of FCCLA and provide a general overview of the organization.
2. Showcase both chapter and individual member achievement. These achievements might include any of the following:
- Participation in district, regional, state, or national Competitive Events
- Participation in a National Program
- Participation in FCCLA partner contests
- Community involvement, including community service hours
- Attendance at an FCCLA conference
- Go For The Red chapter or individual award recognition
3. Create a take-home packet for prospective members and their families. Suggested resources are linked below:
4. Consider having current members or FCCLA Alumni share personal highlights of their FCCLA experience!
- What have they gained from FCCLA?
- What skills has FCCLA helped them develop?
- Where have they traveled for FCCLA?
Social Media Templates
Click the link below to access editable Canva templates your chapter can use to recruit members and promote FCCLA!
Use the captions below on your chapter's social media accounts.
- Are you looking for scholarship opportunities? How about $1.3 million worth?! Ask @[insert chapter handle] how joining FCCLA can help you prepare for your future! #MembershipMadness
- Which Career Pathway/s aligns with your interests? Find out here [link Career Pathway Quiz] and share your results with us! Join FCCLA and start your journey on a Career Pathway today! #MembershipMadness
- Get ready for another great year with FCCLA! My chapter aims to recruit [insert number] new members before November 1! Help us reach our goal and find out what FCCLA can do for YOU. #MembershipMadness
- Last year I traveled to [place your FCCLA chapter traveled to] for the [FCCLA conference/event]. FCCLA has allowed me to meet and network with new friends from all over the world. Join today and find out where the Ultimate Leadership Experience will take you! #MembershipMadness