- FCCLA Portal
- FCCLA Student Portal
- FCCLA Student Portal Tutorial
- Student Portal FAQ
- New Chapter Checklist
- New Adviser Handbook
- Affiliation Step-by-Step Instructions
- Member Affiliation Info Form
- Member Affiliation Info Form (PDF)
- Chapter Member CSV Template
- Affiliation Tutorial Video
- Bulk CSV Upload Process
Advising an FCCLA chapter can be an excellent adventure with rich rewards, a stronger FCS program, closer relationships with students, and personal and professional recognition.
Who is eligible to be a member of FCCLA?
Any student who has taken a course in Family and Consumer Sciences, or as determined by the state department of education, middle school through grade 12 is eligible for active membership in an organized FCCLA chapter within their school. Once the state and national dues are paid, the student will be an official affiliated member. Teachers can join FCCLA too! Teachers certified to teach Family and Consumer Sciences education, or as determined by the state department of education, can serve as the FCCLA chapter adviser.
How do I start an FCCLA chapter?
- The first step is to contact your state adviser for information and materials needed to start a chapter.
- Establish and affiliate a FCCLA chapter. Make sure your school administration understands the benefits of having an FCCLA chapter.
- Follow the chapter checklist for basic guidelines on establishing a chapter.
- Request a new adviser kit from National FCCLA by emailing email@example.com.
- Visit the adviser page on the FCCLA website.
Affiliate Your Chapter
Chapter affiliation is an important step in joining FCCLA. Chapters must affiliate by the affiliation deadlines each year to continue to receive access to the resources in the FCCLA portal.
- Please use the step-by-step instructions to affiliate your chapter for this school year.
- Affiliate online using the FCCLA portal
- New Chapter Advisers: use the First Time Chapter Affiliation button to request a new chapter in the system. Once your state adviser approves the request, you will receive login credentials to affiliate your students.
- Before adding members to your chapter, make the process easier by collecting each member's affiliation information. You will have two options for adding students into the FCCLA portal - individual member entry or bulk CSV upload.
- For individual member entry, you will type all required member information directly into the portal.
- For CSV upload, you will type all information directly into the CSV spreadsheet and drag and drop the document into the Portal.
FCCLA Student Portal
Students have the ability to log into their own portal and do the following:
- Apply for program awards as an individual or team
- Apply for scholarships
- Complete the online project summary form
- View and print their My Journey FCCLA transcript
- Print their membership cards
- Transfer to a new chapter if they are not already submitted for affiliation
- Graduate themselves to Alumni & Associates (A&A) to continue their FCCLA involvement
- Check their affiliation status
- View membership resources
Recently, a system generated email went out to all members providing the link to the student portal and notifying each member of their membership ID and temporary password. Advisers will be able to resend this welcome email through the FCCLA portal in the event a member did not receive the email, the email address on file needs to be updated, or if the welcome email needs to be resent to the updated email address. Members can visit the student portal by clicking FCCLA Student Portal under Resources at the top of this page.
If you any additional questions, please contact your state adviser or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dues for each FCCLA student member are $9.00. There is a minimum of 12 members or $108.00 per chapter, plus an adviser fee of $9.00 per adviser.
Pilot Program - 100% Middle Level Affiliation (Grades 9 and below)
- This pilot program is available to chapters that qualify within a state that is enrolled in this program.
- The annual national affiliation fee for 100% Middle Level Affiliation is $250.
- Chapters with 27 students or more can choose this cost-effective option, which affiliates all of your FCS students in grades 9 and below.
- An additional state affiliation fee may be required. Check with your state adviser to find out if your state participates in the 100% Middle Level Affiliation.
- This program is available to chapters that qualify within a state that is enrolled in this program.
- Post-Secondary Program is for students enrolled in a Career and Technical Center (grades 13-16) and/or a post-secondary collegiate program.
- The annual national affiliation dues for the Post-Secondary Program are $15 per member.
- For more information on the Post-Secondary program, email email@example.com.
- For individual state rates, contact your state adviser.