Say Yes to FCS
Say Yes to FCS is a national outreach campaign designed to bring attention to Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) education as a valuable and viable career path.
Top 5 Reasons to Become a Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Educator
- You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- You enjoy helping others develop skills to be successful at home and work.
- You like flexibility and variety in your work.
- You are patient, nurturing, creative, organized, and self-motivated.
- There is a shortage of FCS educators, which means jobs are available nationwide!
Say Yes to FCS State Action Teams
- The National Partnership to Recruit, Prepare, and Support Family and Consumer Sciences educators has been awarded a USDA Grant and matching funds from SUNY Oneonta, FCCLA, and AAFCS for a total of $936,572. In addition, 14 FCS professional organizations and partners have agreed to work together to meet the goals of the grant.
- The main objectives of this project are to create resources to support FCS educator recruitment, prepare future FCS educators, to promote FCS careers, and to share preparation resources on a national level.
- This work is accomplished by State Action Teams, a focused group of leaders in every state to secure success. State Action Teams help move the Say Yes to FCS effort forward and work to create state plans for recruiting FCS educators and supporting FCS programs.
NEW! Say Yes to FCS Education STAR Event!
Are you interested in exploring becoming a FCS educator? Check out the Say Yes to FCS Education STAR Event - an individual event that recognizes participants who demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to explore and experience the career of being a Family and Consumer Sciences educator. Participants must prepare a portfolio, conduct classroom observations, plan and execute a lesson, develop an FCCLA integration plan, and deliver an oral presentation.