2023 Access Scholarship
Apply by February 1 at 5:00 PM ET
Make your FCCLA National Leadership Conference experience possible by applying for an FCCLA Access Scholarship.
FCCLA understands that circumstances may not enable all student members to attend the National Leadership Conference without financial assistance. Therefore, this year five (5) Travel and Attendance Access Scholarships ($5,000 value) will be awarded to aid a student member and their chapter adviser in offsetting the cost of attending the 2023 FCCLA National Leadership Conference in Denver, CO.
All nationally affiliated student members in good standing are eligible to apply for the 2023 Access Scholarship. Students must also have the support of their chapter adviser and school administration to travel to the 2023 National Leadership Conference. The student applicants’ chapter adviser (primary or secondary) is expected to attend the National Leadership Conference alongside their student.
These Access Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need, academic merit, community engagement, and school/FCCLA involvement. All applicants will need to be able to demonstrate financial need.
EACH SCHOLARSHIP WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Full Conference Registration
- Up To Six (6) Night Hotel Stay
- Flight/Travel Stipend
- Meal Stipend
- Ground Transportation
- Official Uniform for Students
- The Access Scholarship includes complete conference registration for both the student member and their chapter adviser for the 2023 National Leadership Conference. This registration also includes two special events; Elitch Gardens and After Party.
- Housing will be provided at a conference hotel of FCCLA’s choice. National staff will coordinate booking hotel rooms. Each student and their adviser will have a private room.
- FCCLA national staff will coordinate booking flights and ground transportation with the scholarship recipients.
PER DIEM (mEALS):
- Each scholarship recipient will receive a meal stipend in the form of a Visa gift card. The student member and the chapter adviser will each receive this meal stipend.
- This scholarship will also provide the student members with the following uniform items; one (1) red blazer, two (2) white button-up shirts, and two (2) pairs of black slacks. FCCLA national staff will coordinate ordering the uniform items and shipping them to the recipients before the National Leadership Conference.
- Application Opens: Wednesday, January 18
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 1 (5:00 PM ET)
- Top 25 Applicants Notification: Thursday, February 9
- Scholarship Announcement: Friday, March 31
FCCLA’s Inclusion, Access, Equity, and Diversity (IAED) Committee will serve as the review panel for these scholarships. While the committee will take into consideration extenuating circumstances such as; recent job loss, illness, and injury, the ideal scholarship recipient will have demonstrated financial hardship and/or is from a low-income family, has a strong academic record, and is highly involved in their FCCLA chapter, school, and community.
The review panel will select individuals they believe will most likely leverage this learning opportunity. They will seek candidates who are eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their FCCLA Chapter, and their communities. All decisions of the scholarship selection panel are final.
PLEASE NOTE: If needed, the selection panel may request to schedule finalist interviews. FCCLA national staff will contact the finalists directly should the panel request to schedule a follow-up interview.
EXPECTATIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
- If selected to receive one of the Access Scholarships, the student member and their chapter adviser must confirm their ability to attend the 2023 National Leadership Conference in Denver, CO, from July 2-6
- The student member and their chapter adviser must also be willing to sign a release,e form so they can be featured in conference promotions, including--but not limited to--live appearances on stage, press and video interviews, and sessions with sponsors and FCCLA board/committee members.
- FCCLA will provide scholarship recipients (student members and chapter advisers) with a conference schedule outlining sessions and workshops they are expected to attend and provide feedback.
- Scholarship recipients (student members and chapter advisers) will also be expected to participate in a follow-up interview with FCCLA staff to discuss their experiences and share what they learned.
Members will apply directly on the National FCCLA Website. The application will be viewable on Wednesday, January 18.
Student members who would like to prepare materials in advance should have the following items ready to complete their application. All items must be submitted via the online scholarship application form found on FCCLA’s Website by Wednesday, February 1, at 5:00 PM ET. No late submissions will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you begin your application, you will not be able to save and return to it at a later time.
FCCLA Student Member ID#
If you do not know your ID#, please contact your chapter adviser to provide it.
Digital copy of your most recent academic transcript. This transcript may be “unofficial” or a scanned copy.
Letter of Financial Need
Letter of explanation of your current financial need. This letter must be no more than 750 words and can be completed by a Parent/Guardian.
If you have begun fundraising for the National Leadership Conference, please include a list of events you have planned and/or the funds you have raised thus far.
Extracurricular and Involvement Resume
Current extracurricular and community involvement résumé that includes out-of-classroom activities that you have participated in and outline contributions you’ve made to FCCLA and your community. Your résumé should be no more than 1-2 pages and must be formatted as a .pdf document.
Responses to each of the following essay prompts. Each response must be no more than 250 words.
- Essay #1 - Please share about the biggest obstacle or challenge you have faced.
- Essay #2 - Please share your career goals and how attending NLC will help you reach those goals and make an incREDible impact.
Click the dropdown below to view and complete the 2023 National Leadership Conference Access Scholarship Application. Please note you cannot save and return to complete the application at a later time. All required information must be uploaded and submitted at the same time. The application form will close on Wednesday, February 1, at 5:00 PM ET. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your FCCLA Chapter Adviser.