Go For the Red and share your positive FCCLA experience with your friends! Go For the Red, FCCLA’s annual membership campaign, provides incentives for members and chapters working to increase membership. Go For the Red empowers students to recruit, retain, and recognize members. Get started with a few of these great ideas!
- Sponsor a "bring a buddy" campaign. Have each member bring at least one friend to a chapter or district/regional meeting and then encourage that person to join FCCLA.
- Challenge each member to ask three other people to join. It never hurts to ask! Explain to students the Go For the Red membership campaign as an incentive.
- Volunteer to help with new student orientation programs, including FCCLA as a potential activity for students.
- Hold a fundraiser later in the year and use profits to reduce the cost of dues the following year.
- Organize a fun event with another local FCCLA chapter. This event could be a leadership workshop, a community service project, an event featuring various career pathways, and more.
- Ask local businesses to give special discounts to members who show their FCCLA membership card.
- Design a "member of the week" program. Highlight the member's interests, hobbies, dreams, and accomplishments during the week.
- Create a bulletin board right outside your classroom. Post the successes of your chapter.
- Design a chapter newsletter that can be sent to all chapter members, their parents, school administrators and board members, and community members.
Go For the Red Awards
You could win an award when you Go For the Red! Awards are presented each year to individuals and chapters who have excelled in their recruitment efforts.
Individuals who recruit 3 or more members can apply for the individual award. All participants that meet the qualifications and deadline will be entered into a drawing for one of the three prize options listed below. Five awardees will be picked at random from those that qualify. All awardees will be provided with an electronic certificate of achievement.
- Air pods
- $150 Amazon gift card
- JBL Flip 5 speaker
Chapters that increase their members by 10 (bronze), 15 (silver), or 20 (gold) members from the previous year can apply for the chapter award. All participants that meet the qualifications and deadline will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of three $200 cash prizes. All chapter awardees will also be provided with an electronic certificate of achievement.
- Bronze Level - 1 entry into the raffle for cash prize
- Silver Level - 2 entries into the raffle for cash prize
- Gold Level - 3 entries into the raffle for cash prize
All members who attend NLC will receive a special Go For the Red ribbon.
To apply, visit the Surveys/Applications tab in the FCCLA Portal.
Application Deadline: April 1