Go For the Red and share your positive FCCLA experience with your friends! Go For the Red, FCCLA’s annual membership campaign, provides incentives for members and chapters working to increase membership. Go For the Red empowers students to recruit, retain, and recognize members. Get started with a few of these great ideas!
- Sponsor a "bring a buddy" campaign. Have each member bring at least one friend to a chapter or district/regional meeting and then encourage that person to join FCCLA.
- Challenge each member to ask three other people to join. It never hurts to ask! Explain to students the Go For the Red membership campaign as an incentive.
- Volunteer to help with new student orientation programs, including FCCLA as a potential activity for students.
- Hold a fundraiser later in the year and use profits to reduce the cost of dues the following year.
- Organize a fun event with another local FCCLA chapter. This event could be a leadership workshop, a community service project, an event featuring various career pathways, and more.
- Ask local businesses to give special discounts to members who show their FCCLA membership card.
- Design a "member of the week" program. Highlight the member's interests, hobbies, dreams, and accomplishments during the week.
- Create a bulletin board right outside your classroom. Post the successes of your chapter.
- Design a chapter newsletter that can be sent to all chapter members, their parents, school administrators and board members, and community members.
Go For the Red Awards
You could win an award when you Go For the Red! Awards are presented each year to individuals and chapters who have excelled in their recruitment efforts.
Individual members have the opportunity to be awarded for recruiting 3 or more members to FCCLA. If the applicant meets all qualifications and deadlines, he/she will receive a special Go For the Red t-shirt for his/her recruiting efforts.
How to Apply: Complete the Individual Award Application by April 1st
- Bronze Level - increased membership by 10 members from the previous affiliation year
- Silver Level - increased membership by 15 members from the previous affiliation year
- Gold Level - increased membership by 20 members from the previous affiliation year
Chapters that meet all qualifications and deadlines will receive an FCCLA banner to showcase their achievement.
How to Apply: Complete the Chapter Award Application by April 1st