Awards & Contests
National Program Awards
FCCLA offers national recognition to chapters and individual members who complete projects for National Programs. This honor includes cash awards up to $1,000* and/or special recognition at the National Leadership Conference, online, and on FCCLA Social Media.
- High School Award - $1,000
- Middle School Award - $1,000
- Runner-Up Award - $500
- FACTS State Level Awards - $500 in each state (Sponsorship by Ford Driving Skills for Life/GHSA)
*Power of One is not eligible for a cash award. See details below regarding the Power of One award.
How to Apply
- Read the Program Award Application Tips
- Apply online through the FCCLA portal
- All program award applications are due by March 1
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Power of One Award
FCCLA offers national recognition to members who complete all five units of Power of One. This honor includes special recognition on the FCCLA website and at the National Leadership Conference. To gain recognition for your accomplishments, complete the Five Unit Recognition Application and submit it to your chapter adviser. Your chapter adviser must submit your name and a link to the completed form in the FCCLA portal by March 1.
- Explore STAR & Skill Demonstration Events
- Create a Safe Rides - Save Lives PSA (FACTS)
- Strengthen families with FCCLA@theTable (Families First)
- Participate in the FCCLA/Knowledge Matters Personal Finance Virtual Business Challenge (Financial Fitness)
- Feed the Need in Your Community with the FCCLA National Outreach Project Lead4Change (Community Service)
- Advocate for Taking Down Tobacco with Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (Student Body)
State-Level FACTS Awards
State-Level FACTS awards help one chapter in each state earn $500 and make a difference! FCCLA has partnered with Ford Driving Skills for Life and the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) to award the top FACTS project in each state a $500 cash prize. Conduct a FACTS project during the school year and submit a program award application by March 1, 2023, for your chance to win!
More Information and Resources
- Plan and lead a FACTS project before March 1, 2023.
- You can use free traffic safety resources and activities in your school and community by reaching out to your state GHSA representative and visiting the resource area on the Ford Driving Skills for Life website. For even more ideas, participate in The Academy offered by Ford Driving Skills for Life.
- Apply for a FACTS program award on the FCCLA portal. Traffic safety experts will personally review all FACTS applications at your state’s Office of Highway Safety. These experts will select the top project from their state, and that chapter will receive a $500 FACTS state-level award. All state winners will be considered for a national award!
Safe Rides - Save Lives: PSA Contest
Empowered by FACTS and sponsored by The National Road Safety Foundation (NRSF), FCCLA is proud to offer the Safe Rides—Save Lives PSA Contest! This initiative is an excellent opportunity for FCCLA members to display their creativity and advocacy as they encourage their peers to make safe choices on the road.
- First Place: One (1) first-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $3,500 cash prize, and FCCLA will submit their video to use in national PSA outreach opportunities.
- Second Place: One (1) second-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- Third Place: One (1) third-place winning participant (or team) will receive a $500 cash prize.
Entries must be submitted by March 1, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET.
View the official contest rules here: 2022-2023 Safe Rides Saves Lives PSA Contest Rules
2022-2023 Contest Information
2022-2023 PSA CONTEST
- Mission: Create a video PSA that is exactly 25 seconds
- Audience: Teen Drivers and Passengers
- Topic: The 2022-2023 PSA contest theme is Passenger Self Advocacy.
- Why: The PSA goal is to develop and send teen-friendly messages to prevent traffic crashes and save lives.
- How: Go to www.nrsf.org and use resources from the National Road Safety Foundation to craft the video’s message. Be sure to review the official contest rules before filming.
- When: Video submissions for the 2022-2023 academic year are due by March 1, 2023.
- Submit your completed PSA here.